Welcome to the NOAA/NWS Environmental Modeling Center
Announcements & Events
- Du and Deng, 2022: How Should a Numerical Weather Prediction Be Used: Full Field or Anomaly? A Conceptual Demonstration with a Lorenz Model. Published in Atmosphere
- Abdolali et al., 2022: Wave Attenuation by Vegetation: Model Implementation and Validation Study. Published in Frontiers in Built Environment
- Zhou et al., 2022: The Development of the NCEP Global Ensemble Forecast System Version 12. Published in Weather and Forecasting
- Purser, Rancic, and Pondeca, 2022: The Multigrid Beta Function Approach for Modeling of Background Error Covariance in the Real-Time Mesoscale Analysis (RTMA). Published in Monthly Weather Review
- Belochitski and Krasnopolsky, 2021: Robustness of neural network emulations of radiative transfer parameterizations in a state-of-the-art general circulation model. Published in Geoscientific Model Development
- Black et al., 2021: A Limited Area Modeling Capability for the Finite-Volume Cubed-Sphere (FV3) Dynamical Core and Comparison with a Global Two-Way Nest. Published in Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems
- More Publications
- Two Prestigious Items of Recognition for EMC MDAB Chief Dr. Vijay Tallapragada.
- NCEP Strategic Implementation Plan : 2022-2027+.
- Public Release of UFS Short Range Weather Application v2.0.
- NOAA 2021 Science Report .
- JNWPU/NMC/NCEP Model History: 1955-Present .
- UFS Community July-December 2021 Bulletin
- NOAA : Meeting the Moment
- MDAB-Physics Lead Dr. Fanglin Yang profiled in the "Faces of the National Weather Service" web site
- NOAA News Release on Global Forecast System Version 16 Implementation
- GEFS-Aerosol v12.3 in October 2022
- HYSPLIT v8 in November 2022
- GFS v16.3 in November 2022
- RTMA v2.9 in January 2023